Ever since my mom passed away, this day as always been hard for me.

Today I celebrate my mom, the women who raised me.

The women who taught me right from wrong, to look both ways when crossing the street, and to always say “please” and “thank you.”

The women who taught me that beauty is more than skin deep.

The women who made me laugh and smile, even when I was upset.

I celebrate the women who celebrated life. Who taught me that the little things count. Showing someone love and compassion can go a long way and you never truly know what someone is going through. The women who taught me that kindness is the most important and most powerful thing anyone can do.

And even though she has passed, I still feel she is teaching me things every day.

Mom, wherever you are too, I know you will always be with me. Happy Mother’s Day.

Written by: Alyssa Tagged with:, ,
Posted On: Categories:Alyssa, Miss World Canada

16 Responses to Happy Mother’s Day

1. Germaine Hunt says:

Yes Alyssa she was an excellent mom and I know for sure she love her family and did what she had to to protect you all .she was a beautiful person inside and out .Your mom will always be watching over you all just hold on to the memories.I know this day is hard for you but remember she only want the best for you all and for you to keep smiling we all love you ,your brother and your dad we will always be here for you I know it’s not the same but we will do our best to make you smile love you Aunt Germaine xoxo

• Alyssa says:

Thank you Aunt Germaine for the lovely words. You are right, my mom did love us very much and I will always remember her as the beautiful person she was.

2. Michelle Chafe says:

I’m so happy that I get to watch you on this journey to Miss World Canada. I know that your mom would be so incredibly proud of the person that you are becoming and the light that you always carry within yourself. You are incredibly determined and hard-working, and I know that nothing will slow you down. You never stop amazing me with your strength, positivity, and overwhelming love for those you care about, all traits that you inherited from your Mom. Today and always, you carry a part of her with you in everything you do, so go out there and make her and all of us proud.

Some days will be tough, but those are the days when you have to raise up and be just a little tougher. So take a break to cry a little (or a lot), and then dust yourself off and go out there to conquer the world. You have and will continue to accomplish great things and I hope I will be by your side to celebrate them all with you.

• Alyssa says:

Thank you, Michelle, for your kind words. This actually made me tear up a bit. I am so happy to have you as my best friend. I love the part about crying and then dusting yourself off to conquer the world. 🙂

3. Marsha says:

Hugs my love! You had a beautiful role model forsure!

• Alyssa says:

Thank you. My mom definitely was a role model to me, and I think too, many more as she touched the lives of so many throughout her journey.

4. Gary Cutler says:

You were very blessed to have such a wonderful mom. She loved you above everything else. She will remain with you because she not only told you wrong from right but also showed you how to be a good person throw her actions. Each day she is missed, but especially on today.

• Alyssa says:

Thank you, Dad for being such a wonderful support system through everything. I know it cannot be easy for either.

5. Jenn Adams says:

I know your mom is looking down on you and is so proud of the woman you’ve become. I sure know I am. You have grown into such a smart, thoughtful, and kind woman and I know your mom is watching over you with joy and a full heart knowing she raised and inspired you with her kindness and warmth.

• Alyssa says:

Thank you so much, Jenn, for your kind words. I am so happy to call you one of my best friends. I miss my mom a lot, but you and Michelle have gotten me through a lot of it.

6. Nikita Wells says:

Don’t get me wrong, you’re dad is awesome but you have a lot of your moms qualities as well! She was a beautiful role model and would be so incredibly proud of all the things you have accomplished so far! She is dearly missed! Xoxo

• Alyssa says:

You are right, Dad is awesome and he has supported me non-stop over the years from being my grade 7 basketball coach to my pageant coach. But I believe it was both of my parents that got me to where I am today. My mom will forever be a role model to me.

7. Velma says:

You are a true inspiration!

8. David says:

I know that you have a lot of hard days and not a single day goes by without you missing your mom. I know she would be incredibly proud of you and everything you are with the charity, make a wish, and this pageant.

• Alyssa says:

Thank you for your kind words. I know she would be proud of me, but I wouldn’t be doing everything I am doing without her. She taught me so much over the years and watching her giving back to the community growing up only made me want to help in every way I can even more.