My mom never stopped being my mom. Not when she was diagnosed with breast cancer, not when her hair first started to fall out, not when she was fitted for a wing, not when cancer came back for another round, and not any day of her battle did she stop being my mom.

Now, after three years of her passing I look back at my time with her and I don’t remember cancer. I remember my mom. I remember going to Disney World with her, meeting Mickey Mouse and Cinderella. I remember dining at the castle, dressing up as a princess, and being happy not just because I was in Disney but because I was in Disney with my mom. People are right when they say it’s a magically place because for me and my family it truly was. Disney felt like the place where Cancer couldn’t touch us.

That is why, after my mom passed, I started the Jennifer A. Cutler Foundation. Through the Just Believe Campaign, we send a family with the mother or father going through cancer treatments away to Disney World. So mom can be mom again. Dad can be dad again. And for a short while, they aren’t the family battling cancer they are just a family enjoying life.

On April 29th, 2019, the 3rd annual Tea Party fundraiser was held in Centerville-Wareham-Trinity. I am so excited and beyond grateful to announce that we raised over $5000! To all the volunteers, ladies who organized it, the Lion’s Club for their donation, the attendees, the photographer, everyone who sold tickets and everyone who bought tickets – I am raising my glass to you. It is because of your support and your kindness that we are able to do what we do. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

It was such a wonderful event with over 200 people. Hot tea was being served from the awesome butlers. Cookies, cakes, tarts, and other delicious goods were baked by the ladies attending the event. We chatted, listened to speech’s, sang, and supported this charity together showing that even as a small community in Newfoundland and Labrador, we have the power to make a positive impact, the power to create change, and when we come together, there’s nothing we can’t do.

I am also so grateful to be the one to say that on November 1st 2018 our first family had an amazing time at Disney World and as of April 29th 2019 applications are now opened for the second family. To fill out an application please visit our website jenniferacutler.ca  Any questions or concerns about the application or our foundation please email jacfoundation@gmail.com

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT! We are currently accepting applications for the second family!! Apply online at our website jenniferacutler.ca Please like our facebook page, invite friends to like our page and share this video so people all over Newfoundland and Labrador have the opportunity to apply.

Geplaatst door Jennifer A Cutler Foundation op Dinsdag 30 april 2019

Follow our Social Media!

Facebook:

Thank you all your support.

I love hearing from people, so please leave a comment!

xoxoxo

Alyssa Cutler – Miss St. John’s World 2019

Written by: Alyssa Tagged with:, ,
Posted On: Categories:Alyssa, Miss World Canada

14 Responses to Tea With Grandma

1. Viona J Collins says:

Hi Alyssa!
    I have never met you in person, just via Facebook posts and this blog. I was one of your Mom’s & Dad’s high school teachers and it makes me proud to see that you too possess the same kind and beautiful soul as your parents❤

• Alyssa says:

Hi Viona! This comment really touched my heart. Thank you so much! We are already planning a tea party in CWT next year. I hope you can attend and we can meet!

2. David says:

I am glad to be a part of the tea party this year. I am amazed by how much the community raised for the Jennifer A Cutler Foundation. I hope the comedy show in June raises enough money to be able to send your second family.

• Alyssa says:

We are already planning our tea party in CWT for next year and will most likely need your help with the projector again. I am glad that you enjoyed your time. I also hope with the comedy show fundraiser in June will raiser enough where we can reach our goal of 10 000!

3. Gary Cutler says:

Our time at Disney was special, not because of the rides or characters, but because we were all together as a family. Above all else I’m glad you understand the importance of family and have beautiful memories of your mom. Without a doubt she would be proud of you and so happy to see you are able to take such a sad situation and make something positive happen from it.

• Alyssa says:

Personally, having memories of the family in Disney is a gift that I can’t explain. It was a time in our lives that is possibly the worst we ever faced but we managed to turn into something amazing. Those years of mom battling cancer, to me, was about testing our family and it’s strength. I am so glad and grateful that we were able to come together in such a harsh time.

4. Faye says:

Alyssa , this years Tea Party was amazing… so happy I was able to attend… hope your comedy night is St John’s is as a huge success! Can’t wait to see you again this summer as you rock the stage as Miss St John’s!!

• Alyssa says:

Thank you, Aunt Faye, for all the support!! I am so happy that you could attend the tea party and flew all the way from Ontario to do so! Looking forward to seeing you again too!

5. Tina Gillingham says:

Hi Alyssa,
    So happy I got to attend the tea party this year. It’s true when they say it takes a village. Many people played a part in the success of this tea party, from the organizers, the people who donated and attended, the butlers, etc. But behind ever great Village are great leaders. I want to take a moment to acknowledge all the hard work, dedication and amazing things both you are Gary have done and are continuing to do with this foundation. To put a smile on someones face for just a moment is a wonderful feeling but to create such wonderful memories for a family that will last a life time is truly amazing! So very proud of you both!!

• Alyssa says:

I am so happy you were able to attend the tea party. Thank you so much for your support for myself and the foundation. It’s a team effort for sure to make our goals become a success.

6. Nikita Wells says:

You difinitly have a way with words, well said! What you have accomplished thus far amazes me and I know you’re just getting started! Your mom has to be the proudest angel looking down on you! I am so glad I could make it to the tea party to see the lives you have touched already. Keep up the good work! So proud of you! Xo

• Alyssa says:

Thank you for all your support and for coming out to the tea party. I hope you enjoyed yourself! And you’re right I am just getting started …!

7. Phyllis Bungay says:

H My Name is Phyllis Bungay although i Could Not Make it to the 2019 Tea Party My Friends and i Did Attend the Last Two . This is a Wonderful fundraiser and Your Mom Would be so Proud of you i am Sure .I Do Not Know you and I am Not From Trinity But my Husband is We Moved Home 20 Years Ago and we Love It .God Bless you and Your Family

• Alyssa says:

Thank you for coming out for the last two years. I hope you can make the next year’s tea party. I heard that they are planning it already and I am anticipating that it will be an amazing turn out and an amazing event.